I am sooo looking forward to my Pampered Chef can opener coming in the mail! My walmart wanna be from 8 years ago isn't crimping the edges the way it used to and I don't have pleasant memories of the can opener growing up so I'm determined to stick with the "safe" cutting kind.
Below you see the other devices I employed last weekend all in the name of making pizza sauce. Oh, there was also a knife involved but I broke about 1/4" off the top so it was already in the garbage. Yes, I'm thinking it would be in my hands' best interest to just buy a normal can opener for a back up but Jeff has a can opening blade on his Gerber that does the job for now. I also have the heritage of a grandmother who was quoted by the local newspaper as "fiercely independent" and a neighbor found out one visit that she had used knives to open cans. Grandma Schultz had severe rheumatoid arthritis and macular degeneration so a knife was about the only way she could get it done without asking for help. I do ask for help on lots of things but looking back, am thinking this was an unintentional yet none-the-less small tribute to my sweet Grandma who is dearly missed. :)
Ok, now for the catching up part. Jeff is still working for the same engineering firm and is still loving coffee. He upgraded to an official coffee roaster and we've been enjoying trying different beans and roasts with a little less hassle and mess.
Jeff was part of a relay team for the Governor's Cup Montana Marathon this year--2 years in a row! We're so proud of him and it was fun to cheer on other friends running in it this year too.
Here's Toby during harvest this August up at the farm. He's changed a little since the last post. :) The kids LOVED playing in the wheat and Jeff taught Liv how to make gum.
"There Aliiiiive!" that's what i was thinking when i saw that there was a post from you :) I loved reading your updates ... your kids have the cutest smiles :)
ReplyDeleteHey! Welcome back =) I'm just wondering why you make coffee outside?
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed hearing about your adventures as well! Darling kids! :-)
ReplyDelete