When you're married to an engineer, it's a very likely. :)
We made Jeff's grampa's famous (and delicious!) party mix this afternoon. Cereal box sizes have changed a bit from the time the recipe was written so we had a little bit of leftovers of most of the ingredients. Believe it or not, cereal boxes are smaller than they used to be so we had to buy 2 of most everything. I would have made other snacks with the ingredients and probably been having various chex cereals for breakfast for a couple of weeks but Jeff figured out that we could 1.4 times the recipe. That's right. 1.4
Jeff's grampa Cowger was a very detailed and exact man. Needless to say in following with tradition, the recipe needed to be followed and not guessed at. I did let Jeff know that I 1.5x the sauce/spice ingredients and I didn't get fired or maybe he didn't hear me. .1 extra flavor I figured and there's no way my brain would even want to figure out what .1 tablespoon or teaspoon would be. And even if I did, how would I measure it? :)
It really is such a blessing to be married to someone who has such a way with numbers and straight lines. I do not, it's quite obvious at times, and I have no problem admitting it. It was great getting to watch him in action in a different environment and of course the mix turned out just right! :) I'm so thankful our kids will have one parent that can teach them to draw and cut straight and with math homework later on! I also love that he uses the level to make sure the Christmas tree is straight in the stand--makes me smile just thinking about it. Jeff is such a patient and gracious husband and dad. Onery as heck sometimes but that makes life with him so much more fun! I'm so thankful that like my Savior, he loves me, forgives me, and doesn't stick me in a predetermined formula or expect me to behave like one. He knows the minute details but chooses not to enforce them in every area of life.
I love love LOVE my man and he can bring a calculator into the kitchen anytime he wants! :)
I loved reading this post! That's funny about Jeff measuring the ingredients out ... I can definitely relate to that :) And it's very evident how much you love your husband, and that's such a sweet thing to see!
ReplyDelete